The journey of a future librarian

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hot Sauce simmering on the back burner

You would think that I would have learned by halfway through the semester to blog right after class when the ideas are still fresh. But no siree, I don't. I just sit in front of my computer with a blank stare thinking what to write. Week after week. This is getting sad.

Okay, I guess that I should get on about becoming a librarian now. This past class we had two "special" librarians come in. Let me clarify "special" as those who work in a specialized, could be subject based, library. And I am starting to see a theme in what they are looking for in a new librarian. A theme that has been preached to us since we started at the iSchool; and that is Innovation. This week it was titled as the "Hot Sauce," a mixture of innovation, lifelong learning and a do all attitude. The sauce that brings a new edge to the organization, mixes it up a bit. So the baker in me is ready to make my own recipe. I'm not always into burning hot, so I may have to work in a little sweet. However, after a two year simmer, I think that a good combination will come out.

As with every week, in the end the post works out to be fairly informational. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment