The journey of a future librarian

Monday, November 1, 2010

Being a Master's Student

In the past week or so, it has really set in for me what it is going to take to be a Master's student. I know, I'm half way through the semester and now it is setting in? The answer, for me, is yes. I'm not trying to say that I can't handle it, it is just that I need to adjust and step out of my comfort zone at times. 

I feel that as a Master's student you really learn how much you can put on your plate. You learn the point to which you can stretch yourself with out breaking. Yes, there may be some cracking and need for glue. However, you also learn that you are not alone. I have gained so much strength from those that I have gotten to know in the program. We learn that we are not the only ones with a question about this or that, we are able to provide insight to one another, and we are there for each other because we are all going through it together.

I know that I made the right decision to pursue my Master's. Every time that I think about the fact that I am becoming a librarian, it excites me. I know that it is not going to be easy, and no one ever said it would. But I think I have learned that easy really isn't worth it, the best things in life come from the struggles you face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment